Easy Ways to Complete 700 Minutes of Fitness

Drum roll … Back on December 13, I challenged you to join me for a 23 day fitness challenge.

The challenge ended yesterday on Jan. 5.

I owe these bloggers a special thank you for spreading the word:

You guys rock!

Keeping up with my end of the bargain, here is the official certificate of awesome. Download it, save it as your computer background, print it, display it with pride. I’m trusting you to be honest. Redeem at your own good karma risk.

Certificate of Awesome – Click here to download.

Personally, I completed my goal at exactly 700 minutes. Here’s how I did it:

• Dance party with my sisters and nephews
  • Run/walk combo, my new favorite workout
  • Cardio cleaning. Yup. You can imagine.
  • Yoga, my one true workout love
  • Walks outside. An accomplishment alone living in Wisconsin.
  • Kick boxing with my sister-in-law
  • P90X ab ripper, also known as 16 minutes of pure torture.

My thoughts on the challenge

It was hard to fit in fitness during the holidays; no doubt you know what I mean.

At the same time, this challenge was just what I needed to offset some of my horrible holiday eating habits. (The cookies, my god! Need I say more?)

If you tried the challenge but fell short of the minutes, I’d like to give you chance to download the beautiful certificate anyways.

How?

Create a 700 minute challenge of your own.

Now is the time to fit fitness back into your life. You could do it in 23 days or 40 or 60. I’ll leave that up to you. If you sway more on the zero minutes side of fitness, this personalized challenge can be something to feel good about.

So take the first step: Set a realistic goal. Then take one more step, then another, and see how far you go.

If you create your own fitness challenge, please let me know in the comments below so I can cheer you on!

Photo By Temari 09

1 Molly Senechal January 6, 2011 at 4:26 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, Melissa! I’ll bet you’re feeling fabulous right now. Thank you for inspiring us to be good to our bodies and souls.

2 Melissa January 13, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Hi Molly!
I miss you! We have to get together for yoga soon. Thanks for supporting me by leaving this comment.
xoxo

3 Living the Balanced Life January 6, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Congrats on making the 700 minutes!
I have made a resolution to build some new habits that will help me achieve my goals this year. The first of which, I already had begun back in November, but now it is a real habit. I exercise for at least 20 minutes each morning. I either walk for 35 minutes on the treadmill (with hill/speed intervals) or I do a yoga/pilates routine, and several days a week I will do both. I started out in November with the habit to get my tennis shoes on in the morning. Then I just had to get on the treadmill for 15 minutes. Eventually it became easier and easier and now I feel so much better, lost a few pounds and it is a habit for me. If I miss a day, I definitely don’t miss a 2nd one!
I have some goals to achieve some hiking this year so I am working on my endurance now!
Who controls your to-do list?

4 Melissa January 13, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I love your new habit! I feel so much better when I exercise daily. The difference in my mood is amazing. Speaking of which, your comment inspired me to take some time to focus on fitness today. I hope other readers will feel inspired by your new habit and join in. Thanks for sharing!

5 Jenny Smythe January 6, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I love how you describe P90x “P90X ab ripper, also known as 16 minutes of pure torture.” so true ha ha!

6 Melissa January 13, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I know all too well. 😉

7 Katie January 6, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Oh me, oh my. No I didn’t quite make it. In the excuses column: I took a two week digital break so didn’t have your encouragement, didn’t feel accountable and was a little rundown. On the lessons-learned column, I need to slow down before speeding up again. I’ve been pushing too hard, spending to much time on line and need to re-balance back to a place where I can make time for what matters most — my health, my family and my life. Thanks for the lessons and the space and encouragement to think through working on fitness and on myself. I’m a work in progress.

8 Melissa January 13, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Hey Katie. A work in progress, aren’t we all? Otherwise life wouldn’t be very fun. Health, family, life. Sounds like your new year is off to a great start. Looking forward to sharing my success and challenges with you, friend.