How to Simplify Your Life: Weaknesses List

If you haven’t been following my simplicity experiment, you can read the first two posts here:

Today, I want to talk about our list of weaknesses, because here is where we really have a chance to simplify. Not only that, we want to simplify these areas. This list should include:

• Things you’re not naturally good at
  • Things you don’t like to do

For this experiment, I want to try something new. Instead of only writing about how I simplify my weaknesses, I’d like to brainstorm some ideas to help you, too.

Send me your list! You can post it as a comment below, or email me at:

melissa (at) peaceandprojects (dot) com. (symbols omitted to thwart spammers)

Subject title: Weaknesses

I’ll write future posts helping you simplify the heck out of one area of your life (my pick!).

If you prefer to remain anonymous, let me know! If you have a blog I can link to, let me know that, too. Thank you! I think this will be fun.

Now, here’s my list:

Weaknesses

• Impatient
  • Dislike cooking
  • I don’t always understand “kid fun”
  • Merciless at times
  • Need time alone (hard for kids to understand)
  • Details annoy me (specifically when it comes to party-planning)
  • Remembering to thank people (cards)
  • Remembering special days
  • Entertaining
  • Doubtful
  • Shy
  • Fear speaking in public

Next week, I’m going to share some ways I’ve decided to simplify cooking. In the meantime, send me your list!

Photo by Eddi van W.

{ 1 trackback }

Top 10 Peace and Projects Posts of 2013 - Peace and Projects
January 2, 2014 at 6:38 pm

1 JulieB June 26, 2013 at 12:32 pm

OK
– I don’t speak up for myself often enough
– I have always had a hard time making decisions – to the point that I was in tears trying to select a book bag in grade school because I didn’t want to make my mom or the other bag unhappy
– I procrastinate – but I do this much less than I used to
– I have a hard time finishing crafts I start, even though I enjoy doing them
– I forget thank you notes and birthday cards as well.

2 Melissa July 2, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Ah, you want to please. I can totally relate to this … but finding a way to be happy with who you are and what you enjoy is very freeing!

Thanks for participating. Stay tuned for my ideas.
xoxo,

3 KarenC June 27, 2013 at 1:32 pm

– Feeling guilty for not being good enough
-Do not like entertaining
– Lack confidence
– Low motivation
-Making plans and then regretting it
-Finishing project
-Starting projects

4 Melissa July 2, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Hi Karen!

I think a lot of us can relate to your list. Thank you for commenting! Watch the blog for future posts with my ideas to help. 🙂

Take care,

5 KarenC July 21, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Hi Melissa,
I read your post “How to Deal with Self-Doubt,” and appreciate your suggestions. I know negative thinking is not good and does not help or change anything. I like the idea of recognizing negative thinking and labeling it, stopping it in it’s tracks before it picks up speed and moving on!
Thanks,
KarenC

6 Melissa July 26, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Hi Karen.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the post. I’m glad it resonated with you!

Take care,